Established September 26th 2008

Picky Eater


Everything about having a child is great except for one little thing. A child's eating habits. I always knew most children were pretty picky eaters. I thought they hate to eat there green veggies and lean chicken. Well if you think your child is a picky eater think again. I believe I win the contest of having the pickiest eater on my hands. A few months ago Breck was what I like to call a mild picky eater. He would eat hot dogs, peas, and bananas, and junk food of course. At the time I thought that was a picky eater. Well I was wrong! Now He wont eat anything. Oh and He loves to spit. Everything that goes in his mouth always comes spitting out. I always have to make sure I stand at least 5 feet away from the spraying machine at meal times.
So you are thinking now,"what the heck do you feed him?" I have figured out a way to get him to eat. Whatever he wont eat I just throw into a blender, add some fruit and call it a smoothie. Most of the time these smoothies consist of carrots, peas, eggs, turkey,black beans, yogurt, and fruit. Sound's pretty nasty I know but the sad thing is that's a good smoothie to Breck. Other times I just blend up what we had for dinner. So Breck drinks Chicken burrito smoothies, taco smoothies, etc. Why he wont eat a delicious burrito but will eat a blended up burrito smoothie makes no sense to me. I thought it might be because he still doesn't have many teeth but I don't think that could be the reason because a few months ago he would eat solid things all the time. Oh well I guess. It's fairly easy to make these smoothies but, I really don't want to have to keep feeding him this way because it can be annoying. I just wish he would eat what everyone else is eating so I don't have to bring him his own food if we go anywhere. Hopefully one day he will become a normal eater and eat what we humans like to eat!

2 comments:

Brandon said...

I love that corn dog picture.

Brandon said...

-That was me Jamie